GISEC organised and hosted by the Dubai World Trade Centre (DWTC) and will be held from June 3-5 and the GISEC conference will be held from June 4-5.
Top regional and global experts in cyber security are convening at the GISEC summit, to exchange cutting-edge ideas on the most critical issues confronting the Gulf region. The GISEC exhibition and conference will empower individuals and organisations to understand the legislative landscape of cyber security across the Middle East, and what changes need to be implemented to provide a defence on all fronts.
GISEC exhibition offers cutting-edge IT solutions on keeping individuals, businesses and governments safe. The increase in targeted industry attacks from various malware such as Stuxnet, DuQu, Flame, Gauss and Shamoon, reflect an escalation in sophisticated and sustained cyber attacks within the Middle East.
The conference agenda will take a panoramic overview of past, current, and future cyber threats on the horizon and delve into specialised areas from a financial, economic, social and national security standpoint.
Roger Cressey, Senior Vice President at Booz Allen Hamilton and former Chief of Staff of the Critical Infrastructure Protection Board of President Clinton and President Bush will be the first speaker.
The keynote address will be delivered by Kevin Mitnick, a renowned security expert, author, and a former world famous hacker. Kevin will cover threats posed by “social engineering” — a highly effective type of attack that exploits the human element of corporate security, to illustrate an important point about how reliance on technology solutions alone will not help achieve ultimate protection. Mitnick shares what businesses can do to develop a creative and engaging security program that heightens awareness, motivates employees to change their attitudes, influences them to think defensively, and encourages the adoption of good security habits.
- 40% of people in the MENA region have been victims of cybercrime
- Cybercrime in the UAE alone is costing businesses $612 million annually
- In Saudi Arabia, the annual cost of cybercrime is $693 million
- Globally, the direct annual costs of cyber crime hit over $110 Billion
- UAE Ministry of Interior’s 999 Magazine, cyber attacks in the UAE mostly target the banking sector, including the ATM and internet banking applications
- The banking sector was the most-targeted (35 per cent) while the remaining 65 per cent attacks were against the government’s e-services, telecommunication systems and educational institutions’ systems
- GCC security software market growing by 14% annually as high profile cyber attacks motivate companies to invest in information security
- At least 12 of the world’s largest military powers are currently building cyber-warfare programs