Talise Spa, the spa for self-discovery, now offers Tai Chi and Kung Fu
Madinat Jumeirah, the luxurious Arabian resort of Dubai, has introduced Tai Chi and Kung Fu classes to the award-winning Talise Spa.
The classes will add a new element to the resort’s existing holistic exercise programme and will be taught by Master Can, a 34th generation warrior monk from the Maling Shaolin Kung Fu Academy in the Henan Province, China.
Exclusive to Talise Spa from 1 November until 31 April, 2014, Master Can will pass on his knowledge of the ancient Chinese martial arts to guests. Tai Chi, can help reduce stress and is carried out in a graceful manner while practicing deep breathing. Kung Fu focuses on conditioning, flexibility and self-defense skills.
Speaking about Master Can’s arrival, Talise Spa and Wellness Director, Stephan Wagner, said: “Introducing Tai Chi to the wellness activities available at Talise Spa perfectly complements the current range of unique yoga offerings, which include daily sunset yoga and monthly full moon yoga sessions. As a moving meditation, Tai Chi allows guests the opportunity to perform gentle exercise while practicing mindfulness, and of course, is in line with the philosophy of the Talise Spa wellness experience.”
Master Can is available to instruct one-to-one private Kung Fu and Tai Chi classes, as well as group sessions for both adults and children. Bookings can be made now through Talise Spa.
- For more information, log onto jumeirah.com/mjtalise
- For bookings or enquiries, please call + 971 43 666 6818 or email [email protected]
- To learn more about Master Can and the Shaolin Temple, click here
- For Wellness bookings or enquiries, please call + 971 43 666 6810 or email [email protected]
- To view the Talise Spa video, click below: Talise Spa Madinat Jumeirah video