Self confidence is one of the most attractive features in a person. It reflects a person’s overall evaluation of his or her own worth. Your sense of perception has a huge impact on how others perceive you. The more confidence you have the more likely it is that you will win over people and achieve success. Though many emotional factors, including childhood conditioning and behaviour, do to a large degree influence your level of confidence, there are a number of things we can consciously do to feel good about ourselves. The recipe for confidence is quite simple, and if practiced over a period of time, becomes perfected and a way of life.
Here are a few tips to guide you through the way:
1) You are a human being, not a robot, relax, and don’t be so hard on yourself, the best knowledge gained, is from your experience, not a textbook.
2) Accept yourself as you are in every moment you experience, and stop to be with yourself, not just where you are or who are with, be whole within your environment.
3) Know that you come first, and that you have a right to be selfish and to say no- the most powerful word you can use is no because your time, energy and space come first.
4) The energy of gratitude is what produces the best times in your life, be grateful for the gift of life, when you wake up every day.
5) Dress well. There’s nothing that others notice more than a good sense of style.
6) Write down your strengths and goals, and speak it out loud everyday. This will reinforce faith in yourself.
7) Have a good posture.Your body language counts a lot. Walk and stand straight, make eye contact,and keep your head held high. You will feel more in control of things.
8) Learn to appreciate others. The more we spread positivity, the more it comes back to us. By looking for the best in others , you will bring out the best in yourself.
9) Physical fitness has a huge impact on self confidence. Invest your time, in keeping fit and healthy.
10) Yesterday is done, tomorrow is in the air, be in the present with a smile, worrying is a waste of your energy, be confident and stay positive!
Books that we recommend on boosting your self confidence