Arabian Gazette’s review of Huawei Mate 10 Lite Smartphone
Are you looking to buy a smartphone that looks cool and loaded with features and functionality – but still is pocket friendly? Read our review. Maybe Huawei Mate 10 Lite is the phone you are looking for.
A brand with premium flagship and mid-tier phones with a premium feel, you can be rest assured, Huawei has a phone for any type of user. Every premium device of Huawei has its trusted companion whether its the P series or the Mate series. A Lite version for the budget conscious.
Huawei Mate 10 Lite – Key Features
- Metal/Glass Design
- Android 7.0 Nougat
- Fingerprint Reader
- 13MP + 2MP dual front camera
- 16MP + 2MP rear camera with an aperture of f/2.2 capable of shooting with bokeh effect
- 9 inch IPS LCD Screen with 1080×2160 resolution (409ppi)
- Kirin 659 Octa-core processor (16nm)
- 64 GB Built in Storage
- Dual Sim (Hybrid Slot for additional sim or micro SD Card
- Non-Removable 3340mAH Lipo Battery
In the era of bezel free screens, Huawei is no stranger to this tech revolution. Huawei Mate 10 lite features a dazzling 5.9 inch FullView display with a resolution of 1080×2160 and pixel density of 409.
Currently retailing for AED 813 on e-commerce site noon.com at the time of writing this review, the phone does pack quite the punch at its price point. The build quality of the phone seems stellar and sturdy.
With Android 7.0, the phone seems to run quite smoothly and no visible lag in graphics intensive gaming apps though it did overheat after a certain point, but that’s pretty normal among any smartphone today.
Our intensive battery test showed an average life span of 7 hours based on heavy usage which is pretty decent as this is somewhat close to how you would use a phone on a daily basis.
- Very reasonably priced
- Combination of metal and glass gives the phone a very premium look
- Hybrid Sim Slot for Dual Sim or storage expansion capabilities via MicroSD Card
- Good performance with the Kirin 659 chip
- Lack of Fast Charging
- No durable glass for the screen
- Absence of NFC and FM Radio
- Limited Wifi Capabilities as 5 Ghz connections aren’t supported
Overall we were quite impressed with the Huawei Mate 10 Lite and with Samsung’s dominance of the mid-tier market, we would definitely recommend the device if you’re looking for a change without taking a big hit on your wallet. Though the lack of some basic functions like NFC are missing and if these things don’t matter to you, then the Mate 10 Lite doesn’t disappoint. It comes in quite a package really.